Embrace Seasonal Depression with Sad Love Songs [MP3 Roundup]
1. Morrissey, “I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris” [Stereogum] When nobody else wants you, fall for a city.
2. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, “Come Saturday” [Brooklyn Vegan] Fizzy pop makes long distance love suck less.
3. Annuals, “Always Do” [Daytrotter] Nature + desperate love = splinters.
4. Arcade Fire, “Burning Bridges” [Pitchfork] A beautiful instrumental version of their live song “Burning Bridges, Breaking Hearts.”
5. Vivian Girls, “Girl Don’t Tell Me” (Beach Boys cover) [GvsB] Girls who you meet while spending the summer with your grandparents sometimes say that they’ll write you and then don’t. Ignore them next year.