10. Attending arts and crafts fairs without irony.
12. Jumping rope without considering it exercise.
13. The real four square.
14. Catching fireflies in jars.
15. Flashlight tag in the backyard.
16. Capture the flag.
17. Riding on a “zip-line.”
18. Jumping in fountains without the threat of arrest.
19. Not drinking at baseball games.
20. Attempting to get in the Guinness Book of World Records for something that, looking back, was extremely silly.
21. Getting free stuff for good grades.
22. Skipping rocks.
23. Racing bikes that had more than one gear.
24. Drawing our “masterpiece” with chalk on the sidewalk.
25. Family vacations.
26. Rolling Tonka trucks across the sandbox.
27. Jumping out of swings at the playground.
28. Neon-colored sunscreen.
29. Spitting watermelon seeds as far as possible.
30. Inventing a new sport that had probably been “invented” thousands of times already.
31. Our first real dive.
32. Body surfing non-scary waves.
33. Riding the mini roller-coasters that we no longer fit in.
34. Beach-themed coloring books.
35. Playing “punch buggy” on road trips.
36. Eating Popsicles sans sexual suggestion.
37. Climbing trees, which is kind of painful as an adult.
38. Selling lemonade.
39. Being a part of neighborhood garage sales.
40. Kool-Aid mustaches.
41. Getting to choose who are the “ducks” and who is the “goose.”
42. Happily dancing to bad cover bands.
43. Riding around and around on the Merry-Go-Round before we read Catcher in the Rye.
44. Having to remain frozen until our best friend tagged us back into the game.
45. Filling a bottle with different colors of sand and calling it art.
46. Wearing a bucket hat simply to keep out the sun.
47. Blowing awesome soap bubbles in public.
48. Staying at the bottom of the pool longer than all of the other kids.
49. Believing we could dig a hole to China.
50. WATER GUNS!
Let us know in the comments if we forgot your once-upon-a-time favorite summer activity.